1. lis 2014.

Waiting on Wednesday (#115)


You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick

Some people wait decades to meet their soul mate. Courtney Kaufman suspects she met hers in high school only to lose him at seventeen. Since then, Courtney's social life has been a series of meaningless encounters, though she's made a few close friends along the way. Especially her roommate Max Cooper, who oozes damaged bad-boy vibes from every pore.

Max knows about feeling lost and trying to move beyond the pain he's been on his own since he was sixteen. Now it's time to find out if he can ever go home again, and Courtney's the only one he trusts to go with him. But the trip to Providence could change everything because the more time he spends with Courtney, the harder it is to reconcile what he wants and what he thinks he deserves.

It started out so simple. One misfit helping another. Now Max will do anything to show Courtney that for every heart that's ever been broken, there's another that can make it complete.


Expected publication: November 25th, 2014

Tanja's pick

A historical epic full of bravery and romance that follows two women as they make a life for themselves in 18th-century Spain.

It's January of 1748. Caridad is a recently freed Cuban slave wondering the streets of Seville. Her master is dead and she has nowhere to go. When her path crosses with Milagros Carmona's-a young, rebellious gypsy-the two women are instantly inseparable. Milagros introduces Caridad to the gypsy community, an exotic fringe society that will soon change her life forever. Over time they each fall in love with men who are fiercely loyal and ready to fight to the death for their rights as a free people. When all gypsies are declared outlaws by royal mandate, life in their community becomes perilous. They soon find themselves in Madrid-a city of passion and dancing, but also a treacherous one full of smugglers and thieves. Caridad and Milagros must help in the gypsy's struggle against society and its laws in order to stay together; it's a dangerous battle that cannot, and will not, be easily won. From the tumultuous bustle of Seville to the theatres of Madrid, The Barefoot Queen is a historical fresco filled with charaters that live, love, suffer, and fight for what they believe.

Expected publication: November 25th, 2014

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 17:

  1. I heard great things about the Aguirre series but I need to try it. I didn't know about the second one though.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I still get a kick out of Ann Aguirre using Backstreet Boys songs as her titles. The Barefoot Queen sounds amazing! You don't see many stories with a Cuban protagonist. I might have to add that one to the TBR just for how unique it sounds.
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I need to get to Ann Aguirre's books! Everybody seems to be reading and enjoying them lately!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Both sounds good and hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Great choices, ladies, from NA to historical fiction. Look forward to hearing your thoughts!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I still need to read Ann Aguirre's 1st book in that series, but nice to know you liked the others enough to be anxious for the 3rd book, Glass.

    Your historical sounds epic with a lot going on! Enjoy, Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. YES GLASS! I'm loving Ann Aguirre's NA series so much!!! And Tanja, I haven't heard of your pick before, but it sounds AMAZING and is going on my list for sure. Such a beautiful cover too:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. The Barefoot Queen looks amazing! Great picks this week ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. The Barefoot Queen looks amazing! I haven't heard of it before, but it's definitely one I want to check out.
    I also need to give Ann Aguirre's series a try.
    Lovely picks! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I haven't heard of The Barefoot Queen, Tanja, but it sounds incredible and I looove the cover. Glass, I'm definitely excited for the final novel in Aguirre's New Adult series--Max is so sweet so I cannot wait for his story! Wonderful picks, ladies! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I'm waiting for all the 2B series books to be out so I can binge read the series (even if all of them could pass as standalone's lol) & I hadn't heard of the other book before but it'll keep an eye out! Great picks girls :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Oh The Barefoot Queen is new to me, but sounds great. I also really need to get started on that 2B series. Great picks!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Oh, I still need to read the first Aguirre book..uh oh!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Oh, I don't remember reading a book set in Spain except for... ugh forgot the title but it's book two in ''If Only...'' series!! Great pick, Tanja!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. I'm really liking the sound of Aguirre's contemporary books, I definitely think that I shall have to go on a little splurge for them, And how gorgeous is the cover for The Barefoot Queen! You ladies always seem to pick the best wow posts! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. The Barefoot Queen sounds really cool! I love Ann Aguirre always - I need to read the first book in that series still!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. I cant wait for The Shape of my Heart and Max s story. I love this trilogy.
    And The Barefoot Queen sounds interesting. Great choices :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...