24. ruj 2014.

Waiting on Wednesday (#114)


You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick

Once upon a time there was a girl named Avery Hensley who thought she’d found the guy—the one that she thought she was going to spend the rest of her life with. They got married young and had the most beautiful son in the world.

Life seemed perfect.

But not everything is what it seems.

Turned out the guy had another side to him, one Avery didn’t see coming. He wrecked her and broke her into a thousand pieces that she had to put back together again. She swore off guys from then on, vowing never to let anyone hurt her or her son again. She built a wall around herself and planned on never letting anyone through it again.

But then she meets Tristan Morganson. He wrecks Avery in a different way, the kind of way that makes her feel free again, the kind of way that makes her think not all guys are bad. But can Avery trust him enough to let her wall come crumbling down?


Expected publication: October 22nd, 2014

Tanja's pick

Marguerite Caine’s physicist parents are known for their radical scientific achievements. Their most astonishing invention: the Firebird, which allows users to jump into parallel universes, some vastly altered from our own. But when Marguerite’s father is murdered, the killer—her parent’s handsome and enigmatic assistant Paul—escapes into another dimension before the law can touch him.

Marguerite can’t let the man who destroyed her family go free, and she races after Paul through different universes, where their lives entangle in increasingly familiar ways. With each encounter she begins to question Paul’s guilt—and her own heart. Soon she discovers the truth behind her father’s death is more sinister than she ever could have imagined.

A Thousand Pieces of You explores a reality where we witness the countless other lives we might lead in an amazingly intricate multiverse, and ask whether, amid infinite possibilities, one love can endure.

Expected publication: November 4th, 2014

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 10:

  1. I only knew about the second book I confess but they're intriguing.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Aww Wreck me sounds like such an emotional read, but I still feel like giving it go! Thank you for putting it on my radar Glass. And gorgeous is the cover to A Thousand Pieces of You? I hope we end up loving the book too. Great picks ladies! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Both great picks! I love both of these authors and can't wait to read them both.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Jessica Sorenson's books all sound the same to me. She has the same themes in her books which is why I avoid them even though I really enjoyed Ella and Micah and Callie and Kayden. I just wish she had some new things going on instead of the same old depressing stories. Anyways, I hope you will love it when you read it, Glass.

    I'm so excited to read A Thousand Pieces of You. Not only is that cover gorgeous, but the blurb sounds fantastic too.

    Lovely picks!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Thousand Pieces of You has SUCH a gorgeous cover--I hope the novel inside is just as beautiful! *fingers crossed*

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. A Thousand pieces of you is one of my most anticipated books of 2014, I cant wait.. and the cover is one of the most beautiful ones I have vere seen.
    I read a few books by Sorensen and had mixed feelings but Wreck me seems promising. Great choices :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Love these covers and hope that you get to read it soon.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I'm already so excited for A Thousand Pieces of You but that cover is gorgeous - I hadn't seen it before now! Wreck Me sounds good too, I need to read Jessica Sorenson soon.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Both of these books sound really good. I hope you both enjoy reading your picks this week.
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Great picks girls! I actually had A Thousand Pieces of You as my wow a few weeks ago, and Glass, I still have to read Nova books, but I'll get to them once!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...