12. lip 2013.

Waiting On Wednesday (#48)



You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick

Merit has been a vampire for only a short while, but she’s already seen a lifetime’s worth of trouble. She and her Master, centuries-old Ethan Sullivan, have risked their lives time and again to save the city they love. But not all of Chicago is loving them back.

Anti-vampire riots are erupting all over town, striking vampires where it hurts the most. A splinter group armed with Molotov cocktails and deep-seated hate is intent on clearing the fanged from the Windy City come hell or high water.

Merit and her allies rush to figure out who’s behind the attacks, who will be targeted next, and whether there’s any way to stop the wanton destruction. The battle for Chicago is just beginning, and Merit is running out of time.



Expected publication: August 6th, 2013

Tanja's pick


For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love.

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.


Expected publication: July 30th, 2013

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,


Broj komentara: 29:

  1. I'm only on book 2 in the Chloe Neill series! I definitely need to caught up and I'm curious about Frigid :) Great choices!

    Janina
    My WW!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I haven't started that series yet! :) I hope you'll get them soon then. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  2. Frigid would totally be a my Waiting on Wednesday.. I'm really waiting for a magical contemporary romance right now! :) I think I may have read a Chloe Neill book before, it seems really good. Nice picks! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes I'm dying to meet this guy...looks yummy on the cover :)) Thanks Emma :)

      Izbriši
  3. Awesome picks! I still need to try the Chicagoland Vampires series & to try any JLA book, but I'm hoping to finally change that this summer :)

    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get to read them soon :) You must meet JLA's yummy boys ;)

      Izbriši
  4. I really have to get back to the Chicagoland Vampires series, I really enjoy reading it, just have no time :(
    I'm also waiting for Frigid! The cover throws me off, with it snowing and him without a shirt? Wonder if he's a wolf? lol :D

    My WOW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I know the feeling! I have to catch up with so many series. Yes I know but I think that this one is contemporary ;) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  5. I want Frigid too. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. FRIGID! Excuse me while I fangirl over this book! I love JLA and I love books about best friends! I wish she'd release it early! Perfect pick Tanja!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh no need, I'll join you ;) Hopefully we'll get it soon. Thanks Jessica :)

      Izbriši
  7. I am SO waiting for Frigid too! The book sounds freakin amazing. I haven't read any Chloe Neil books though. Graet picks ladies :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Ooooh nice picks. Biting Bad looks good, sort of badass! :D
    Hope you get the books soon and enjoy them as well!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah it does! I hope you'll get to read them too :))

      Izbriši
  9. Both of these are really great picks. Can't wait for Frigid!

    Thanks for stopping by
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Frigid sounds really good! Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by.
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I've seen quite a bit of buzz about Frigid, so I hope you enjoy it, Tanja! Lynn writes such compulsive reads! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I know the feeling! :) I hope you'll get to read this one soon :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. I don't read the Chloe Neill series (have heard really good things about it, though!), and I have seen Frigid on a lot of Waiting on Wednesday's lately. I still haven't read a novel by Jennifer Armentrout, surprisingly! I read some of Half-Blood and enjoyed it but haven't gotten back to it since.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You should continue with that JLA's series as it gets better with every book :)

      Izbriši
  14. I actually just finished Frigid about an hour ago and it was so good. Deff worth the wait! Awesome picks!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Ooh I am DYING to read both of these! the Merit books rock (though I'm a bit behind) and I never miss a JLA romance. Great picks ladies!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...