5. lip 2013.

Waiting On Wednesday (#47)


You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick

Bailey wasn’t always a wild child and the black sheep of her family. She used to play fiddle and tour the music circuit with her sister, Julie, who sang and played guitar. That ended when country music execs swooped in and signed Julie to a solo deal. Never mind that Julie and Bailey were a duet, or that Bailey was their songwriter. The music scouts wanted only Julie, and their parents were content to sit by and let her fulfill her dreams while Bailey’s were hushed away.

Bailey has tried to numb the pain and disappointment over what could have been. And as Julie’s debut album is set to hit the charts, her parents get fed up with Bailey’s antics and ship her off to granddad’s house in Nashville. Playing fiddle in washed-up tribute groups at the mall, Bailey meets Sam, a handsome and oh-so-persuasive guitarist with his own band. He knows Bailey’s fiddle playing is just the thing his band needs to break into the industry. But this life has broken Bailey’s heart once before. She isn’t sure she’s ready to let Sam take her there again…


Expected publication: July 16th, 2013

Tanja's pick


THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER

In the never-ending saga that is my love-hate relationship with Robson Trowbridge, I, half-Were Hedi Peacock, have had a change of heart. Ever since I shoved Trowbridge through the Gates of Merenwyn, I’ve been the leader of the pack—hard to believe, right? The thing is: I’m half-Fae. So even though my Were side is ready to heed the call of the wild, the other part of me is desperate to take flight. And much as it pains me to admit it, life without Trowbridge is really starting to were me down…

I AM WERE, HEAR ME ROAR.

To make matters worse, the wolves of Creemore want my blood—and the North American Council of Weres wants me dead. So I’m just counting the days until Trowbridge returns from the other realm…and comes to my brave rescue…and becomes my alpha mate. Wishful thinking? Of course it is. But given all the mess I’ve been through already, what’s the harm in doing a little bit of daisy-plucking? Besides, Trowbridge owes me bigtime. A girl can dream.


Expected publication: July 30th, 2013


We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,


Broj komentara: 47:

  1. Just recently really got into Jennifer Echols' books and looking forward to Dirty Little Secret. Would suck if your sister became famous and you were left behind.

    My WOW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I've not read an Echols book, but The Thing about Weres sounds really great :) Great picks!

    Janina
    My WW!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get to read them :) Yeah The Thing about Weres is an UF :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  3. Two great picks but Jenniifer Echols wins for me hands down - this one's already on my goodreads wishlist! Lol. :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I like her previous books but I'm not sure about this one. I'll probably give it a try. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  4. Haven't heard of the author yet :P

    New GFC and bloglovin follower

    I'd appreciate it if you follow back :)

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get a chance to read these then :) Thanks for following :)

      Izbriši
  5. Half fae/half were that is certainly an interesting combination. I don't think I've seen that done before. Nice picks this week!

    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It was new to me too! :) I hope you'll get a chance to read it. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  6. Haven't heard of these. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog]

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I heard so many great things about Jennifer Echols! I have to read one of her books soon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get a chance to read her books then :) Thanks Teresa :)

      Izbriši
  8. I recognize the first pick! I added it to my tbr not too long ago. I haven't read a music based book in a long time so this should be good. Didn't that author write Rush or something?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I haven't read a music based book in a long time either :) Yup it's the same author :)

      Izbriši
  9. I definitely want both of these ladies! Though I need to read the first book in the Leigh Evans series. I read so many great reviews for it, I'm excited to finally start it:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get a chance to read this series. :) Thanks Jenny :)

      Izbriši
  10. Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get a chance to read it soon :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  11. I have an ARC of Dirty Little Secret! Jen sent me one herself. BUT, months before that, I got an e-ARC from Edelweiss. Go see if they still have it available! I hope you love this book! :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Lucky! I can't wait to see what you think of it then. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  12. Both of these sound intriguing...but wolves take my heart. <3

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I didn't know that :) I hope you'll get a chance to read this series then :)

      Izbriši
  13. I hope you'll get a chance to read it then :) Thanks! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Great picks, saw them both around a lot lately. Hope you both get the books soon.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. I've never heard about The Thing About Weres - although paranormal is TOTALLY my thing - but I know a lot of readers are excited for Echols' latest. Great picks! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It's a part of the series and I really liked the first book :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  16. They are some great picks. I can't wait to read Dirty little Secrets.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. I have to say, I'm kind of tired of the whole were thing. I'm on break from them lol. That and Vampires, really. I think come halloween time I'll probably start to get back into them. I've been on such a contemporary kick lately! Kissy Kissy!!

    <3
    Beth

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Surprisingly I haven't read many ware books so I still can take that. :) Yeah I noticed that :)

      Izbriši
  18. Dirty Little Secret was great! It's definitely my favorite Jennifer Echol's book. Also, The Thing About Weres sounds really cool. Amazing picks :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  19. Another Jennifer Echols book! I've only read Such A Rush and have all of the other books by the author on my TBR. Oh oh oh, The Thing About Weres sounds super interesting. Half-were, half-fae. Wow! Lovely picks, girls!

    Thank you for sharing and thank you for stopping by my WoW earlier.

    Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I've read plenty of her books but well I'm kinda taking break from them :) Thanks Sarika :)

      Izbriši
  20. Dirty Little Secret is already on my TBR wish list, but I hadn't heard of The Thing About Weres yet, it sounds so cool!! Great picks ladies, thanks for sharing :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get a chance to read it soon :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  21. Interesting picks :) I hope you'll enjoy them when you read them.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  22. I am super excited about Dirty Little Secret! I have an ARC I need to read soon! I haven't heard of the other, but now I shall look into it! Great picks guys!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. That's great to hear! :) I hope you'll enjoy it :)

      Izbriši
  23. I'm really looking forward to Jennifer Echols' book as well! I love stories about sisters and music and I like the darker edge I'm glimpsing in this one :)
    Great picks, to both of you! Thanks for stopping by mine earlier!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I love stories about music so I can't wait to see what people think of this one. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  24. Sounds like awesome books :D Hope you will love both of them. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...