3. tra 2013.

Waiting on Wednesday (#38)



You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick

Ever since the one time Andie Weber threw caution to the wind - and paid the price for it - she’s learned that it’s safer and smarter to live life playing by the rules. Now she’s got a great apartment, a steady job, and a wonderful boyfriend in Colin; he’s sweet, stable, and essentially perfect – except maybe for the fact that his best friend is Chase.

Chase McGuire lives his carefree, unstructured life strictly for himself. Dripping sarcasm and oozing wit, he refuses to censor his feelings or opinions for anyone, making no apologies for either and wearing his abrasiveness like a badge of honor. No one has ever gotten under Andie’s skin the way Chase does – and vice versa.

So when Andie and Chase find themselves forced to take a two-day road trip together, they are already dreading an inevitable all-out war. But as the trip progresses, and the undeniable friction that has always defined their relationship slowly begins to wear away their preconceived notions of each other, Andie and Chase discover they both have a lot to learn about life, courage, happiness, and the age-old battle between logic and love.


Expected publication: April 2013

Tanja's pick

At the School for Good and Evil, failing your fairy tale is not an option.

Welcome to the School for Good and Evil, where best friends Sophie and Agatha are about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime.

With her glass slippers and devotion to good deeds, Sophie knows she'll earn top marks at the School for Good and join the ranks of past students like Cinderella, Rapunzel, and Snow White. Meanwhile, Agatha, with her shapeless black frocks and wicked black cat, seems a natural fit for the villains in the School for Evil.

The two girls soon find their fortunes reversed—Sophie's dumped in the School for Evil to take Uglification, Death Curses, and Henchmen Training, while Agatha finds herself in the School for Good, thrust among handsome princes and fair maidens for classes in Princess Etiquette and Animal Communication.

But what if the mistake is actually the first clue to discovering who Sophie and Agatha really are . . .?



Expected publication: May 14th, 2013

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,


Broj komentara: 50:

  1. I haven't heard of any of these reads, but both look pretty good. Both will end on my forever growing tbr!

    Janina
    My WW!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. LOL Yeah I have one too! :) At least we can't be bored! :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  2. Both books sound so interesting. Thanks for sharing them!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I love road trip books, especially when two characters are forced into an awkward situation with lots of tension! I think Emancipating Andie would definitely be my sort of read! And I haven't heard of of At the School of Good or Evil before, but it sounds like a lot of fun! Great picks ladies! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I love road trips too :) I love the sound of The School for Good and Evil! :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  4. I don't often read MG books, but the School of Good and Evil looks awesome. And look at that cover!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes same here! :) You should see the trailer for it! :)

      Izbriši
  5. I just watched the trailer for The School for Good and Evil and wow, one of the best ones I've seen! Not huge on MG but I think I may need to make an exception! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Agreed! That's why I want the book badly! :) I hope you'll :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  6. The School For Good and Evil has hands down the best trailer I've seen this year. I plan on reading it closer to publication. Great picks this week!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW and sharing yours!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Agreed!! :) I hope I'll get to read it too! :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  7. I've heard about Emancipating Andie before but I don't know if I want to read it, because by the sound of it in the summary it seems to have either cheating or love story involved. To which I'm a hater.
    But the second book sounds good, maybe not my cup of tea, but still. :)
    Great WoW, thank you for sharing ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope that neither of these won't disappoint you :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Izbriši
  8. At the School for Good and Evil has been around a lot lately and I've been really curious about it myself. Great picks, both. Hope you get the books soon!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I really liked Priscilla Glenn's Back To You so I'm pretty excited for Emancipating Andie. Great picks ladies! :)
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get the book soon :) Thanks Janhvi! :)

      Izbriši
  10. Emancipating Andie sounds great! I'll definitely have to also check out other books by the author, too :) Great picks!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. So I fell madly in love with Chase at just the mention of sarcasm and wit. Apparently I'm easy like that with fictional boys ;-) Definitely adding that one to my list! And the cover for The School of Good and Evil is stunning. Love those illustrations:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. LOL we're all easy with fictional boys :) Yes I know that the book is MG but still I'm really curious about it :)

      Izbriši
  12. These are both really good picks. Thanks for stopping by my WoW..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. I didn't expect liking Emancipating Andie based on the cover but it sounds like it would be a sweet romance. I wish the road trip was longer since the romance would less likely be considered instalove but who knows? It may work out.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. The School for good and evil was one of my picks a while ago. I love fairytales :D!

    WoW Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. I haven't heard of either of these! Great picks though. Priscilla Glenn is awesome <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen's WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope that the book will be awesome too! :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  16. The School for Good and Evil sounds awesome, thanks for sharing it :) One more for my wishlist!

    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. LOL I knew you'd like it :) Yes totally :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  17. Great picks, ladies! I'm reluctant about the 1st one if it involves cheating. The 2nd one sounds like a lot of fun!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. OOh nice picks! These are new to me but I have been seeing the second one around lately!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  19. The School for Good and Evil looks really cute!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  20. Haven't heard of Good and Evil, but looks good. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  21. Cool covers. These both are new to me. Great picks!

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my post! :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  22. I just started Good & Evil today - so far so good! Hope you enjoy it too!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Really? I should request the arc but I forgot! I hope you'll enjoy it :)

      Izbriši
  23. You had me at road trip! I like the sound of the first book. Great pick

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  24. The SChool of Good and Evil sounds awesome, especially since there's such a mix up. Thanks for spotlighting it, it's going onto my tbr!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  25. Both books sound great, and have you seen the trailer for School of Good and Evil? Epic.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes I have! :) Such an amazing trailer :) Thank you :)

      Izbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...