18. tra 2013.

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

Buy the book at 

Author's

Book summary: 

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.
          It's not a secret that I've always been team Dimka. He was - I believe - my first vampire crush and now looking back it's hard to believe that all those years passed by so quickly. Still I was happy to read Adrian's story as I've always believed that he need his HEA. I still don't how will he get one but he deserves it.

           The Indigo Spell was one of most-expecting books this year and needless to say a lot of amazing books are coming out this year. So I was really happy when I got to read the book. Once again it's hard to write review as some people haven't started with Bloodlines yet (I believe you'll soon) but I can tell you something about characters. Sydney wasn't favorite storyteller for most of the people. She wasn't Rose - the funny, kick-butt girl with whom you could easily connect. No Sydney was new in this. She wasn't (isn't) a vampire and she needed some time to get used to this. It looks to me that she broke that shell around her here. Adrian was, you know Adrian. It's not easy to describe him as he is something else. You need to meet him and then you will see it. It's been years since I've seen him for a first time and during the time he get closer and closer to my heart. You can't help but like this crazy, funny and sometimes too honest boy.

        For me this book was so far the best in this series. Yeah I know - there are still three more to come and I somehow believe that I'll love them even more. Before I though that Bloodlines would be too much like VA but with time you could see that this is different story.

Rating: 5 stars.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 16:

  1. I loved The Indigo Spell :) I also think Adrian is an amazing character. Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Team Dimka. Hehe. ;) Now that you mention it, I think Dimitri was probably my first vampire book crush too! Adrian's character definitely entertains me though, so I hope I can make another attempt on this series soon (I hated the first book). Most people seem to agree that this is the best one, so I look forward to getting around to it. Lovely review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It looks like I'll have to fight you for a lot of fictional boys ;) Yeah I really like Adrian. Just be patient. I think this is getting better and better :)

      Izbriši
  3. Dimitri was my first (let's call it paranormal) crush too Tanja! I will never get over him:) I've heard this series gets off to a bit of a rocky start with Sydney, but I'm so glad that the universal opinion seems to be that it keeps getting better, and I've read nothing but good things about this book. Can't wait to read them!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah somehow VA was the series that brought YA to me :) I really hope that you'll enjoy this series :)

      Izbriši
  4. I agree, this was by far my favorite of the series. And Sydney wasn't my favorite either, but she kind of grew on me with time, and now I like her, and I especially like her FOR Adrian. They are very good together.
    Great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah somehow both grew on me with time. Yeah I agree! Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  5. I've heard this book is fantastic, as is this series, but as someone who wasn't a huge fan of Vampire Academy, I haven't been persuaded into starting this yet. Plus, I've heard negative things about the first two books and don't feel like having to read through them to get to this one. Still, I am so happy you loved this one, Tanja! Great review!(:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I think you're the first person who told me that she wasn't a huge fan of VA! Yes but things keep getting better :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  6. Agreed, definitely the best book in this spinoff series so far. Hopefully the next one is even better. ;)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I really enjoyed this one as well :) I can't wait for the next one! Awesome review.

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I still need to read these books AND Vampire Academy! It's funny how I never really heard of them until this spin-off series. I am interested though! I'm glad you liked this so much. :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You haven't read VA? Wow now that's a shame! I hope you'll get to read it soon :)

      Izbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...