13. pro 2012.

Bright Star by Nickie Anderson


Buy the book at

Author's 

Book summary: 


It's bad enough that Sadira Pascal's father doesn't make it home to celebrate her fifteenth birthday. He might be a busy hovership engineer pulling overtime on a new design, but he's always been home for the important things. It's worse when she discovers her father decided to ride on the maiden voyage of his newest ship, the CAS Bright Star, without even telling her. But things really fall apart during Sadira's field trip with her class to observe the hovership launch. Instead of a successful flight, she watches the Bright Star fall out of the sky. 


The Central government confirms her father's death, leaving Sadira to pick up the pieces of her former life. While she struggles with her loss, Private Baruj Haddad tries to convince her that her father and the rest of the Bright Star crew are still alive. At first, Sadira doesn't believe there's any hope. But then she stumbles across a message that makes her think maybe, just maybe, her father is still alive. As she digs deeper into the Bright Star's crash, Sadira uncovers secrets about her father's work, secrets that put her and everyone she loves in danger.


       First I should say that this is the debut novel by Nickie Anderson and I wish her all the luck with the publishing. I'm always happy to help the indie authors by posting reviews or promoting the book in any way. But regardless on that my reviews are always honest.

       This is a story about Sadira. The girl who grew up with her father as she doesn't remember her mother. Her mother, as she was told, died when she was very young. Sadira now only has her father but when one day after he had disappeared she was left alone. I should now say that this is actually a dystopian book and that really took me by surprise. I didn't expect it. Soon enough she found out about the society and possibility that somewhere behind the walls her father could be alive. Baruj is also searching for his brother cause he also disappeared on the same ship. Both Sadira and Buruj feel that they're alive and so they decide to go and find them. Soon they travel far and discover all the things they couldn't dream of.

       As I already said the best part for me ware those surprising parts. I really haven't expected some things to happen so it was really good. But unfortunately they were rare. The biggest problem I had with the books were characters and relationships between them. Characters weren't so developed so I couldn't feel them and because of that I couldn't feel their emotions. The story was interesting and good but only rear parts woke my emotions.

Until the next time,
***NOTE: Copy of this book was kindly provided by the author, Nickie Anderson. Thank you. 
I'm not paid for writing this review - I do it as a lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.

4 komentara:

  1. Oh I didn't even realise that this was a dystopian book after you mentioned it Tanja, it sure sounds like it has the potential to be a decent read, sorry it didn't work out for you as you'd hoped! Great review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. This sounds interesting! Too bad the characters weren't very developed, amazing review :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I love helping Indie authors as well and I'm glad you do it too! :)
    This sounds like an interesting read. I love the title! ;) It's a little off of course that you couldn't exactly relate to it, but I'm glad the surprising parts were nice enough.
    Great review, Tanja!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. That's great :)
    Yes it's interesting but it needs some changes! :)
    Thanks :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...