3. stu 2012.

Shatter Me and Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi


Buy the book at 

Author's 

Book summary: 


"You can't touch me," I whisper.

I'm lying, is what I don't tell him.
He can touch me, is what I'll never tell him.
But things happen when people touch me.
Strange things.
Bad things.

No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon.

But Juliette has plans on her own.

After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.


        Yeah bloggers around the world are posting reviews of Unravel Me and I've just now read Shatter Me. What can I tell you except that it took me too long to read this book.
     
        Shatter Me was on my radar for a long time mostly cause it's dystopian. Recently I started liking dystopian books more and more. And when my friend Zemira told me that she'd kick my ass cause I haven't read this book it was my clue. Besides everyone has been talking about Warren cause Destroy Me was about to be published.
 
        As I said Shatter Me is dystopian novel where world as we know it has disappeared. Seventeen-year-old Juliette has been imprisoned for three years. She was sent to the asylum by her parents cause of one incident. Well the thing is that her touch can kill. Being alone in there she spent her time writing. She didn't have company for more than 250 days. Up until one day a boy has been sent to her cell. His name is Adam and soon enough the things started to change. She is yet to discover her power and not only one person is interested in it. She must find a way to fight and decide where she wants to be.

       You have probably notice that I haven't told you about Warren yet, well let's move on to Destroy Me and you'll find out more.


Buy the book at 

Book summary: 


Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.


Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me,Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.



      I'll be short here. After Shatter Me I was still surprised with the amount of Warren's fans. I mean he was good and I did understand his behavior and everything but still Adam was my kind of  guy. Getting to meet Warren better was really interesting. Being inside of his head and seeing the way his father treated him was good thing to see cause it helped me to understand his personality much better.

      Yeah I still won't tell you much cause you'd have to find it out by yourself. Only thing I can tell you is that Unravel Me will be interesting.
   
       I don't rate short stories and that's going to be the cause with this one as well. But Shatter Me is another story. My actual rating is 4.5 starts which is 5 stars. I have a feeling that this whole story will become much better.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 13:

  1. Love this series! I really liked getting into Warner's head. I wasn't a fan until Unravel Me. You are right things get very interesting!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Uh now I cannot wait to read it. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I am a HUGE fan of this series!Glad u enjoyed it too :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Yeah I see a lot of people love it. Thanks :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I like the other cover. I have not read this so you are ahead of me. I heard it was just okay but it;s nice to read your opinion which gives me hope!
    I really like her ability which kind of reminds me of Rogue in X-Men but she doesn't get the worst part of the side effects.
    She’s Got Books on Her Mind

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I love these covers with eyes! :) Yeah I really liked it, but people told me that Unravel Me was even better.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I absolutely loved Shatter and although I'm still team Adam I'm glad I read Destroy Me as it allowed me to better understand Warner. ^^

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Yes same here! I'm really curious about the next book. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I'm glad you finally got around to starting this series! Better late than never. :D I'll never be a fan of Warren, I don't think. I was lucky enough to read Unravel Me through a friend and even that didn't change me mind. While I do think he is an interesting character, I am not rooting for him as a love interest.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I actually haven't read these yet either. Too many books, too little time!
    Happy reading and have a great week!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. SOOOO jealous...you finally read them! I have yet to start this series, but I swear I will! I have heard nothing but good things about them, so I am very curious to see how they turn out! Glad you enjoyed them! :D

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I really hope you'll get to read them soon! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. I totaly get you! I finaly started readin this book after months complaints from Zemira and I love it! I'm almost done too.

    Anatea @ Anatea's Bookshelf

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...