23. kol 2012.

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet #2) by CJ Roberts



Author's:

Release date:
September 1st, 2012

Book summary:

"What is the price of redemption?
Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood.
The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end.
Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance?
Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice?"

Run! Hide! Zemira is writing review!
(Just kidding!)


     I am going to tell you a little story. It’s about a girl (me) who got pissed off at the thought two of my best friends enjoy BDSM books. I asked myself - what kind of person enjoys spanking, blindfolding, handcuffs and the rest of those kinky things. I was PISSED but they kept on reading them more and more. This, of course, made my blood boil.  So, after several months of daily torture (I swear, those things were feeding them. Nothing was more important than a new dom and the next dominatrix) I stumbled upon a review with this pretty girl who has blunt bangs (they are not a good look for me but it doesn’t stop me from wanting it), read the blurb and decided to read it to prove everyone how awful these books really are. But my wish was not granted.  Sure, I was cringing right from the start. I was begging Caleb to stop and just let Olivia go but that didn’t happen. I was frustrated and angry because she put up with everything he did. But then again, there were also some parts where I wanted to be Olivia. In the end I was really pleased with the outcome- a 4 star review. After reading so many books that made my eyes roll all of the freaking time, Captive in the Dark was a breath of fresh whip.

     A big thank you goes to the wonderful and talented author, CJ Roberts who offered me and eARC for her second book- Seduced in the Dark, which continued to shock me with to the core.

     You are dying to know what happens next, right? Well, I am not going to spoil it. Everyone should read this book for themselves. However, I will address this was a huge mindfuck. The master, king, tsar of the mindfucks.  It should come with the warning: restlessness, possible nervous breakdown, extreme hair pulling. Those were my symptoms; new ones will pop up after the release date, I am sure of it.

     Olivia (Kitten, Livvy and ….) is trying to persuade Caleb to run away with her and stop this vendetta against the Russian mobster. If there was such a thing as crying machine I am sure she would be it. She cries all the time-when she’s happy and sad. I can’t say I blame her. I would probably sob like a maniac if something like that happened to me. Maybe even harm myself. Who knows?

     Caleb is struggling to balance his devotion to Rafiq and his connection to Livvy. I liked him since the very start, even though he is a killer, kidnapper or simply, a monster. Can anyone be redeemed? Does anyone deserve a second chance? I wish I could say more about his character, but I can’t because everything I have to say will reveal some part of the plot.

     Seduced in the Dark brings us not only Kitten’s and Caleb’s POV. We also meet a  new narrator-FBI Agent Reed. He has a troubled past and cares a lot about his job. I would like to know more about him because I felt he hasn’t revealed all of his dark secrets to us. His story was interesting but I couldn’t bring myself to care about him (a lot) because I wanted to know everything about Caleb and Livvy. They were my main concern.  Fingers crossed for Reed’s novel.

     After finishing this book I need to admit I WAS WRONG. Not all BDSM novels are bad. (Well, I only read three or four of those.) There is more to them then just sex. There is the pain, shame, trust and darkness. Roberts deserves so much praise. She is such a talented author and I can’t wait to see what else she has in store for us. (Greedy much?)



2 komentara:

  1. GREAT REVIEW! Thank you so much. You did a wonderful job of conveying your thoughts without giving away the story for others. Well done!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...