22. svi 2012.

What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor





Book summary: 


Getting drunk homecoming night your senior year is never a good idea, but Jake Hayes never expected it all to end with a car crash and a t-post embedded in his throat. 
His biggest regret about it all? What he never said to Samantha Shay. He's been in love with her for years and never had the guts to tell her. Now it's too late. Because after that night, Jake will never be able to talk again.
When Jake returns to his small island home, population 5,000, he'll have to learn how to deal with being mute. He also finds that his family isn't limited to his six brothers and sisters, that sometimes an entire island is watching out for you. And when he gets the chance to spend more time with Samantha, she'll help him learn that not being able to talk isn’t the worst thing that could ever happen to you. Maybe, if she'll let him, Jake will finally tell her what he didn't say before, even if he can't actually say it.


Here I'm again, with my all time I'll try not to give 5 stars to every book that make me cry "problem". At the end I always manage not to listen to myself. I know that a lot of you won't agree with me about this book and yes true, maybe it doesn't deserve 5 stars and maybe the writing could've been better and so on. But I  enjoyed in this book and that's the only thing that matters. 

It's hard to say anything about the story as too much is said in the summary. If you, like me, don't read blurbs then you'll be surprised or better said shocked, again as me, when you find out about the accident. Jake is like any other senior year student. He plays football, hangs out with his friend and thinks about his future. Everything seemed normal until the accident. He thinks that for him everything is over, because he is not like "normal" people again. He is mute. Only after one person shows him her real self and everything she bares on her shoulders he will understand that not being able to talk isn’t the worst thing that could ever happen to you.

So this is story about teenagers and all the stupid decisions they make, all the doubts they have and all the words and actions that they're afraid to say or make. This is also the story about life. At the end this is the story that will made you consider your actions and maybe change your views. That's why I'm putting this book on my YA Saves Reading Challenge. 

Until the next time, 


***NOTE:  Copy of this book is provided by publisher via NetGalley. Thank you.
I'm not paid for writing review - I do this for free as a lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal. 


Broj komentara: 8:

  1. This sounds so good, I will have to get my hands on it! Tnx for the post!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I hope that you'll enjoy it! Thank you!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Always good to hear about another good YA. Thanks.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. You're welcome and thank you for stopping by! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. This sounds like a beautiful book! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Nice review, I have this on TBR and can't wait to get to it.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Yeah, I gave this one 5 stars, too :) It was unexpectedly amazing, at least to me ;) One of those books that stay with you long after you finished them!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...