2. tra 2012.

Lichgates (The Grimoire Trilogy #1) by S.M. Boyce

This is my first post here, so wish me luck! :) Glass, thank you for inviting me. I really appreciate that, and to readers I'm looking forward meeting you all. Now the review.





Book summary

The Grimoire turns its own pages and can answer any question asked of it, and Kara Magari is its next target. She has no idea what she's getting herself into when she stumbles across the old book while hiking a hidden trail. Once she opens it, she's thrown into Ourea: a beautiful world full of terrifying things that all want the Grimoire's secrets. Everyone in this new world is trying to find her, and most want to control her. 
Braeden Drakonin grew up in Ourea, and all he’s ever known of life is lying. The Grimoire is his one chance at redemption, and it lands in his lap when Kara Magari comes into his life. He has one question to ask the book – one question that can fix everything in his broken life – and he’s not letting Kara out of his sight until he gets an answer. 
There’s no escaping Ourea. There’s no going back now.


 I started reading this book slowly, so I could enjoy longer. But today I started reading it and  I totally lost myself in it. Before I could stop I finished this book and 3 hours passed just like that. I feel like I woke up from a dream. 
At the beginning of the book it reminded me of Narnia and then I thought it has some connections with The Lord of the Rings and also I could see some stuff from books for kids or somewhere. At some point I stopped thinking about that and then I realized that this book has its own story, everything fits in its place. 
Main character here is Kara, young normal girl and Braeden, who lives in another world. Kara lived normal life but everything changed when she discovered secret doors. Soon she discovers whole new world called Ourea and also Braeden. He needs answers on some really important questions, but the only person who can give him those answers is Kara. Will Braeden discover the truth or will he find something more important? It's up to you to discover that. Kara is one of those characters that you'll like and Braeden, well he seems like great character but I got a feeling like I still need to meet him.
I really enjoyed reading this book. Basically this book has three main things that I like in books: fantasy, magic and romance. But nor that kind of romance when they're dying for each other and they can't like without each other.
I really hope that one day this book is going to be published and translated so I could read this to my kids before they go to sleep. I'm sure that they'll have sweet dreams. Now I can't wait for the second book.
I must also add that I got this book form S.M.Boyce and that didn't affect on my review.

Here is also official trailer for the book if my review isn't enough reason for you to read it.




Until the next time,



4 komentara:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...